[ct-user] Time-loss

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Time-loss
From: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert)
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 12:21:44 -0800 (PST)
Tony, not sure you're doing it right:

* Split the .RES file into a "good" and "bad" half.

* Create empty .BIN files using CT for "good" and "bad".

* Run R2B9 on both "good" and "bad".

* Use CT_TIME to fix "bad".

* Use MERGE to merge the "good" and "bad" .BIN files together.

If it still doesn't work, send me the *original* .BIN file and tell me what
specifically needs to be fixed.

73 - Jim AD1C

--- N2TK <tony.kaz@verizon.net> wrote:
> Trying to correct error in time in the logs. I converted the bin file to a
> res file with the current version of b2r9. I then use Notepad, also tried
> Word, to edit the res file. I cut all the Q's after the change in time. I
> save that file. I convert it back to a bin file with r2b9. Works fine.
>
> But when I try either to cut the first part of the res file and save the
> remaining or if I copy that part of the log I want to run ct_time on and
> save it, when I run r2b9 I get all kinds of errors - crash address,
> exception, etc. The new bin file has no data in it.

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC