[ct-user] Set-Up With Windows 2000?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Set-Up With Windows 2000?
From: kwolff@charter.net (Ken Wolff)
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 20:27:03 -0500
This is not true. The LPT port can be manipulated by a kernel level
driver. In the case of CT we install TVIC32 to control the LPT. The
timing is generated by a real time callback from the OS originally
intended for multi-media applications applications. The Windows system
call is:

MMRESULT timeSetEvent(
  UINT uDelay,
  UINT uResolution,
  LPTIMECALLBACK lpTimeProc,
  DWORD dwUser,
  UINT fuEvent
);

The callback function then calls the TVIC32 routine to manipulate the
hardware.

73, Ken K1EA