[ct-user] Networking CT on PC's

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Networking CT on PC's
From: zf2rf@yahoo.com (Bob Dorsey)
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 09:51:40 -0800 (PST)
We are planning to do a casual Multi-Multi operation
for CQWW CW.  We have 2 Dell 8100 laptops, one with
Win2000 and one with WinME.

I have been advised that we can connect a null modem
cable between them to effectively network them.  At
this point, we are **NOT** planning to do any rig
control from CT.  We'll hold off on that until we have
things better figured out.

The question is --- how do we configure CT on each PC
to ensure that the logs for each op are kept in sync
(preferably real-time)... ?

I hate to claim ignorance on this but I usually do
contests SOABLP, so CT is easy.  But if we have 2 ops
in a M/M opn, I'm not sure how to ensure that the logs
are in sync properly.  For ZF2RF in CQWW CW 1996 (M/S)
we linked 2 PC's, but K8MK set it up & I wasn't paying
attention to the details of how it was set up.

Any tips will be most appreciated ... mni tnx in
advance!

73 ---   Bob  K4UVT / ZF2RF / 8P9AJ