[ct-user] ARRL 10m Contest Sections

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] ARRL 10m Contest Sections
From: k6acz@earthlink.net (Alan C. Zack)
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 10:22:49 -0800
Thanks for the suggestion.  Tried DU1/K6ACZ, K6ACZ/DU1, tried
temporarily removing my CT.CFG file to prevent having my address
automatically filled in and put Manila as my city and Philippines as
my country but still get the SECTION? box to fill in.  I won't worry
about it if it won't affect my score or logging.  I was concerned that
as DX I need to send a serial number as part of my report as opposed
to sending a state (CA) as part of my report if at home, and by doing
so I would screw up my log or score if I did not correctly enter my
section.  Others have suggested I put PAC, DX, or DU in the section
box when it asks for it.
Thanks for all the suggestions.  I will play around with it some more
but thought maybe someone else had the answer.
Thanks and 73

Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:

> On the initial CT screen, enter DU1/K6ACZ for your callsign.  Then it
> should not ask you for a section.  Let me know if this fixes the problem.
>
> 73 - Jim AD1C
>
> At 06:44 PM 11/16/2002 -0800, you wrote:
> >I will be operating the 2002 ARRL 10M Contest from Manila, Philippines
> >this year.  I use CT as my contest logger.  When I do a test log to
> >check my software CTWin asks me for my SECTION.  What should I enter
> >for my section from Manila?  It asks me for a section regardless if I
> >have the CT.CFG file in the folder or not.  I will be using DU1/K6ACZ
> >as my call.  Is CT looking at my K6 call and looking for a section?
> >Also, I too have a new laptop than my previous trips.  It uses XP.  I
> >installed CTWin and it is working fine (no fancy stuff, just a
> >logger/dupe checker) but I also suffer from the small CT window.  I
> >can expand the size of the window, but the CT window stays the same
> >size.  All I do is expand the gray background behind the CT blue
> >field.  Someone earlier suggested to someone else to try the Fn-F7 key
> >to adjust screen size.  The Fn-F7 key on my laptop (Compaq Presario
> >2701US) makes the screen dimmer (Fn-F8 makes it brighter).  Anymore
> >suggestions?
>
> --
> Jim Reisert AD1C, 7 Charlemont Court, North Chelmsford, MA 01863
> USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
> PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC

                                Alan Zack
                         Amateur Radio Station K6ACZ
                      Anaheim, Southern California, USA
                   Home of the World Series Winners ANGELS
                Quality Engineer, The Boeing Company, Retired
                              SEMPER PARATUS