[ct-user] CT 9.81 bugs/anomalies

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT 9.81 bugs/anomalies
From: wa8lly@pacbell.net (Steve Lund)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 20:58:39 -0800
The ICOM radios are almost working again in CT 9.81. CT follows
frequency changes on the radio and the radio follows changes from CT.

The same can't be said about the mode. The radio does not end up with
the correct mode. The mode does not change when changing bands. It used
too. Obviously, the mode LSB (160-40m) and USB (20-10m) is not being
sent, when a band change is made.

During ARRL SS, I operated SO-LP. Late in the contest a QSO mysteriously
was lost. I quit an hour before the end of the contest with 770 Qs with
one dupe. The summary window showed 769 Qs. I did a quick tune of 30m,
looking for 9L1AB. After learning that dinner would be late, I decided
to spend the last half hour of SS looking for club members. I logged a Q
on 40m and noticed that the summary total did not increase. When I
logged the Q, CT was a bit weird - it was last on 80m, but as mentioned
above, I had tuned around on 30m CW. The bandmap initially indicated a
frequency of 0.0 before the Q and changed to 7230 after the Q was
logged. I worked a few more Qs and everything seemed normal. After the
contest, I noticed that Q #428 was missing from the Cabrillo file. This
was the first Q in the morning. Anyone else ever experience this
problem?

Steve K6UM