[ct-user] re:no band change

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] re:no band change
From: jjreisert at alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert AD1C)
Date: Tue Apr 8 09:37:19 2003
I am guessing Ken (no callsign)- did you download CT but have no manual?

First, start CT and set Radio1/Radio2 to NONE.  In the port setup screen, all
ports should be set to NONE.  When you get the logging screen, ALT-F1/F2 should
move the band up and down on the logging screen only.

Now if you want to have radio control (assuming port COM1 for now):

Load COMTSR1 with the parameter -N82 - Yaesu radios need 2 stop bits.

Now run CT, set RADIO1 to FT990, and in the port setup screen, make sure COM1
says RADIO1 and 4800 baud.

Now in the CT logging screen, type 21025 and see if your radio QSYs to that
frequency.  Bring up the ALT-J window and spin the dial - does the window track
your VFO frequency?  Finally, try ALT-F1/F2 to see if your radio follows CT.

Note that you should be running only DOS for this experiment, not DOS in a
Window.

73 - Jim AD1C

--- Ken Goetz <kgoetz@mhcable.com> wrote:

> Thanks to those who have responded so far. The lack of band change is
> happening before I even tell the program I wish to control a radio! This is
> happening with the basic program. The program opens with 20 meters as the
> default band, and I cannot change this. I'm sure it's something I'm doing,
> but I cannot see what. The computer is a Pentium III at 640 MHz with 384 MB
> ram. (My radio is a Yaesu FT990, but I haven't gotten to that with the
> program yet).

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC