[ct-user] Fw: serial numbers in wpx cw

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Fw: serial numbers in wpx cw
From: k1ttt at arrl.net (David Robbins K1TTT)
Date: Sun May 25 11:47:22 2003
You can fix the next serial number with the 'setserial' command.  This
will not help of course if you don't notice it right away.  In the ssb
test we found several times where ct skipped ahead a series of numbers
on each band, since the number that was in the log is what was sent it
can't be changed or the other guy may get penalized, so I just noted the
gaps in sent numbers on the submission.

Merging does not change serial numbers in recent versions of ct, that
was fixed a long time ago I believe... the actual sent number is stored
in the log so that should come out ok.

The scoring didn't appear to be affected, just the serial number
sequence, in any event the log will be rescored after submission anyway.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net

contest....we
> experienced serial numbering problems with Ct989.002...........first
> occurence was on 10m, when an operator went back a few contacts to
correct
> a callsign...it changed the serial number by 4 qso numbers...for a
quick
> fix we added 4 dupe contacts to the log to get the sequence back to
the
> correct serial number....then it happened on 20m...we lost over 400
qso's
> numbers...I had all the ops stop and we had a pow-wow...there is no
way to
> edit the serial numbers on the "fly"...we could pack it in and wqait
till
> next year or we could hope that the contest scoring committee can
possibly
> rectify a soultion to our problem...as of the writing of this
e-mail...the
> count on 40m has gone back over 400 qso' numbers, 20m is over 600 qso
> numbers off...and 15m is close to 300 numbers off....on a positive
note we
> have had zero network problems...DXtelnet has operated with out any
> problems and the network has hummed along !
>  nicely...we areapproaching 4000 qso's and the scoring of our log is
> totally corrupted!!! Using merge utility after the contest will not
> correct this problem, either...as it might re-number the qso's....we
only
> have 6 computers networked in the station...an additional computer
> provides the internet telnet connection....Ken what can we do here???
we