[ct-user] Problems w/ DXpedition & ARRL QSO Party - Ver 9.89

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Problems w/ DXpedition & ARRL QSO Party - Ver 9.89
From: kf2hc at comcast.net (Brian - KF2HC)
Date: Sat Jun 7 11:48:36 2003
Recently updated from ver 9.77 to 9.89.003 running it in DOS on a Pentium
laptop with
Windows 95

DXpedition Log:
Setting up a MIXED mode DXpedition log I select "Mixed Mode" & "All Bands".
When I get to the logging screen I set the mode on each HF band to CW and 6m
to SSB. Everything appears to be in order - working fine. I exit the log.
Upon re-entering the log I find it's changed from MIXED mode to CW mode.
When I get to the logging screen I find the mode for all HF bands
(previously set to CW) have changed to SSB.

ARRL June QSO Party:
Setting up a MIXED mode log I select ARRL QSO Party but the band options are
"All Bands" or single (mono) HF bands. (I've never set up a VHF log before
but shouldn't there be options for the VHF/UHF bands instead of HF bands?) I
select "All Bands" and continue setting parameters. When I get to the
logging screen:
*  I find only VHF/UHF bands (not  a problem) but BAND DOWN will not
function unless I BAND UP to the top of the list.
* I cannot changed mode on any band. 144 is stuck in CW and the rest are
stuck in SSB. (Remember I set it for MIXED)
* When I exit the log and re-enter the MODE on the information sheet (first
screen) has changed from MIXED to CW.

I see no mention of these problems in the text for version 9.90 so I haven't
tried it. Has anyone found a cure for them or should I go back to 9.77?

Brian KF2HC
kf2hc @ comcast.net