[ct-user] CT9.90.006 (network)

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT9.90.006 (network)
From: jfmicro at worldnet.att.net (Pamela Follansbee)
Date: Mon Jun 9 21:58:24 2003
We're setting up a multi-multi Field Day network. Three stations, serial
network, using the DOS 9.90.006 version. The computers are (1) DX33 MS-DOS
5.00, 8Mb, (2) DX4/100 MS-DOS 6.22, 24Mb, and (3) P2 133 MHz, Win98 shut
down & restart in MS-DOS. We control two radios on stations 2 & 3.

The problem we see is that a QSO logged on one station is posted on the
other two as if the contact were made by those stations. This messes up the
QSY countdown and marks the contact as a QSY violation in red (the contact
is logged properly on the original station that actually made the contact
and is not in red there).

We reduced the setup to just the two DOS machines as station 1 & 2 without
radio control and get similar results. Can anyone tell us what we're missing
here? Alternately, can the QSY feature be turned off so that we don't see
the problem?

Tnx....73 Jim / NY7T (ny7t@arrl.net)