[ct-user] Minor Glitch?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Minor Glitch?
From: n7flt at imt.net (Don Godward)
Date: Wed Jun 18 08:48:15 2003
I just downloaded V9.90.007 in anticipation of Field Day.

While it seems to work well on my computer I've noticed a
small problem with the QSY/countdown timer.  Specifically,
the program doesn't seem to recognize a MODE change as
a BAND change, which it is in Field Day.  Changing Modes
within the 15 minute countdown period doesn't flag as an
illegal band change nor does changing Mode when " QSY OK"
is showing reset (start) the countdown timer.  The program
functions normally in both regards when the Band is changed.

I borrowed the 386 laptop we used for Field Day several
years ago that still has V9.46 on it and that version does treat
a Mode change as a Band change: i. e.; a Mode change within the
15 minute period is flagged as an illegal Band change (both background
and numeral color changes in the time column) and changing Mode
with "QSY OK" showing restarts the 15 minute timer.
The 386 chokes on the newer versions of CT so I can't check the new
version on that computer.

Has anyone else noticed this?  Or is this (a) just me,  (b) my computer,
(c) this version of CT?

Thanks for any feedback you might give.  It is a small problem and probably
would only bother the newer operators.

Don,
n7flt@arrl.net