[ct-user] ADIF to CT

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] ADIF to CT
From: k1vu at tmlp.com (R Johnson)
Date: Fri Jul 4 14:36:48 2003
Hi Jim:
First you can merge all of the separate CT logs into one large CT .BIN file
using the "MERGE" utility found on the CT Web Site.  This is what we used to do
for our FD setup with non-networked computers. Worked well !!!

Now for your "rouge log".  CT has a set of utilities to convert BIN to ASCII
(B2R9)
and ASCII to BIN (R2B9).  If you can get an ASCII output from your "rouge log",
you
can use your text editor to make it look like a CT ASCII file and then convert
that
to a CT BIN file that can be merged with all the other CT BIN's. I'd convert a
sample
CT BIN to ASCII to use as a format guide. I have never used this method myself,
it's
just a possible approach.

If that doesn't work and the "rouge log" isn't to big, you can just open a new
CT FD log and type in the Q's by hand.  BE SURE to set the COMPUTER DATE/TIME
to the
FD DATE/TIME before you enter any Q's.  It will save you a lot of work in the
"EDITING
STAGE" !!!  Be sure to change the computer DATE/TIME when the "rogue log" dates
change
from Sat to Sun.

At this point you have a CT log just like all the others EXCEPT that all the
TIMES
are WRONG, but the DATES are CORRECT.  Now the "Fun Part", you get to edit each
QSO
using CT's ALT-F function.  Just start with QSO #1 and work your way down the
list
entering the correct time for that QSO.

Now RESET the COMPUTER DATE/TIME to the current DATE/TIME

When done, do a "Writelog" and compare both logs for accuracy.  If your
satisfied, merge
it with the other CT files and do a final "Writelog" to get the final BIG
REPORT !!!

It helps to have a second person to help reading the info from the "rogue log"
to you
while you type it into CT as a double check.  Maybe the generator of the "rogue
log" Hi Hi.

I have used this method myself with great success getting all (most) of my
"PRE-CT" paper
logs into CT ADIF format for submission to eQSL and LoTW and entering into my
main Logbook
LOGic 5.

Whatever you do MAKE 2 SETS of BACKUPS of your ORIGINAL FD BIN's, WRITE PROTECT
them and
put them in a SAFE PLACE.  You have been WARNED !!!

Our club FD rules were "EVERYONE USES THE SAME SOFTWARE", CT !!!  We had a
number of old
club computers loaded with CT, one for each station.  If someone wanted to use
their own
computer, we would load CT on it and they WOULD LEARN to use it.  We also had
enough people
available as "Loggers" who knew how to run CT.

Out of curiosity, what program was used to generate the "rogue log" and how
many Q's ???

Let me know how you make out.  I'll try to think of other ways to solve you
problem.
Maybe someone else on this list has a better idea.

73
Bob, K1VU /ex:WA1OFR