[ct-user] CTWin and Win2KPro

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CTWin and Win2KPro
From: n6ig at hotmail.com (Jim Pratt)
Date: Fri Aug 8 16:20:38 2003
Greetings:

I decided to fiddle with CTWin to learn a bit more about it.  I first
downloaded 9.90.07 to a Win98SE machine and ran it.  It works fine, as I can
tell, able to alt-Enter to go to full screen, and can move windows around
with the mouse.  I had read something on the reflector about the -vga option
and that it didn't necessarily work on 98SE.  I tried it...it doesn't (at
least on this machine).

The same reflector posting mentioned that the -vga mode worked on Win2000
and XP machines.  I then downloaded 9.90.007 to a machine running Win2000Pro
Service Pack 4 and tested it.  It comes up...but when I alt-Enter, the
screen gets bigger, but the CT portion only occupies the amount of screen it
did before I did a full-screen switch.  Also, when I try and drag a window
around, it doesn't move, and things smear on the screen.

I did a full install per the instructions on the website;  I then downloaded
again, thinking I may have screwed something up, and "repaired" the
installation from the setup wizard.  Still the same.

I never did try the -vga option to see if it worked.

Am I doing something wrong?  Is CTWin indeed compatible with Win2KPro?  Do I
need to tweak some other settings?

Thanks and 73.

Jim  N6IG