[ct-user] Experience with CT win - crashes? power needed?

To: "CT-USER" <CT-USER@CONTESTING.COM>
Subject: [ct-user] Experience with CT win - crashes? power needed?
From: "iz4efn@libero.it" <iz4efn@libero.it>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 12:25:00 +0200
Hi guys,

I'm leaving for the weekend and I would post something we experienced at IO4T
last night.
I don't know if this topic as already been discussed, if it has, just sedirect
me to relative message, if you can.

We are networking with CTWIN9.91 on ethernet, using -enet, and all around
networking works fine with 2, 3 and 4 pc (we also unistalled previous version as
asked, for the DLL replacement).

Has anyone of you noticed the following?

1. If you send a message with ALT+G writing something  "normal"  it works, but
if you try to write casual letters very fast on the keyboard it crashes before
you press ENTER.
(This has been experienced with WIN98, WIN 98SE, WIN2000)

2.  The logging or partial check operation is extremely slow on a Pentium 120
MHz and 233 MHz, but works fine on a Celeron 600MHz. Is CPU speed so relevant
with this kind of networking?
(This has been experienced with WIN98, WIN 98SE, WIN2000)

Any comment?

Thanks, Alessio IZ4EFN (IO4T)