[ct-user] CtWin: IC-751 returns "Bad radio type defined"

To: ct-user@contesting.com
Subject: [ct-user] CtWin: IC-751 returns "Bad radio type defined"
From: Bert Hyman <bert@visi.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 14:26:29 -0500 (CDT)
Just downloaded a copy of CtWin 9.91.001, and during initial setup, if
I've configured my IC-751, I get "Bad radio type defined" when I hit
"Ctl-Enter" to leave the "Information Sheet" and continue setup; it never
gets to the "Communications Setup" screen.

Also, assuming I can get past this, comments for other radios suggest
that CT doesn't poll the radio, but requires that the UX-14 interface be
placed in "tranceive mode" so that it automatically transmits any mode
or frequency change from the radio.

Unfortunately, Icom's "Troubleshooting Guide" for the IC-751A documents
an "incompatibility" that requires tranceive mode be turned off.

Certainly not the end of the world, but I guess I won't be able to monitor
the radio from CT.

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN | bert@visi.com