[ct-user] cw keying forn CTWIN

To: "CT (E-mail)" <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] cw keying forn CTWIN
From: "N2TK, Tony" <tony.kaz@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 08:00:13 -0400
Have a couple of questions on keying from CTWIN.
On my desktop I use DXBase for Win. I am using serial port keying, COM3 and
it works fine. When I reboot and set up CTWIN, I can't key from COM3.
Nothing happens. I select COM3 form the menu during setup. Everything else
seems to work. Any ideas?

On my laptop when I plug in the serial cable I immediately key the rig.
Don't need to have CTWIN even running to do this. As soon as the PC is
turned on it keys the rig. And it stays keyed till I turn off the PC.

I am using the wiring as suggested in the CT manual.

Any suggestions?
Tnx
N2TK, Tony