Re: [ct-user] Finding Six Banders?

To: ct-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [ct-user] Finding Six Banders?
From: K4RO Kirk Pickering <k4ro@k4ro.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 17:29:19 -0600
On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 04:40:53PM -0500, N2TK wrote:
> Saw that problem too at WP2Z. We would be running on
> 2 stations. All of a sudden the times would be highlighted
> on both PC's. We hadn't even changed frequency. Then on the
> hour, the times would no longer be highlighted. Then all of
> a sudden they would be highlighted again. Stopped paying
> attention to it.

I'd double check your log if I were you.  For several hours
while it happened to us (times went red on one station) and
I just ignored it, CT wound up logging QSO's from both stations
on just the one station ID.  The two run stations correctly said
"Station One" and "Station Two" in the summary window. I even
got in the habit of typing RUN1 and RUN2 into the respective
stations periodically, just to be sure.

But there it was, several hundred QSOs interleaved 10/15/10/15,
resulting in at least 300 band change violations for a couple
of hours.  These were most definately NOT violations, as we
had not made a single QSY on either station for hours, and no
QSOs at all on the spotter station.  I had to manually separate
that part of the log by band, and set the correct station ID
for one band's log with a word processor. Ugh.  Beware!

-Kirk  K4RO