[ct-user] grab spot/type freq in window w/ Icom 756 pro II

To: ct-user@contesting.com
Subject: [ct-user] grab spot/type freq in window w/ Icom 756 pro II
From: "AB2E Darrell" <ab2e@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 00:28:10 -0500
Hello everyone,
For some time now (with different versions of CT DOS), I have experienced the following problem. Grabbing a spot or typing the freq in the QSO window does not work to change freq on the ICOM 756 Pro II. I get the 'icom radio not echoing' error. The strange thing is the freq tracks with the rig perfectly in the Alt-J window. Also changing bands on the rig moves CT to the correct band. Band up band down works inside CT but does not change the rig.

The same behavior occurs in CTWIN

I use the default setting on comtsr, 9600, n81. Software interupt on rig 5Ch, baud rate 9600.

The problems occur on more than 1 computer so I'm ruling out a computer problem.

I have tested with a spare interface cable, same result. The cable is the K1NU interface, not the CI-V from Icom.

Also, all of those functions work correctly in Writelog.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?

73 Darrell AB2E

Will be at WP2Z for CQWW CW.