[ct-user] Re: CT for Sprint

To: "Tom Frenaye" <frenaye@pcnet.com>,"CT-User List" <ct-User@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Re: CT for Sprint
From: "Ken Wolff" <ken@k1ea.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 09:08:41 -0500
ONERADIO

This just uses alt-period. CT switches to the other radio and changes color so
you know what radio you are on. The assumption is that your external hardware
switches both tx and audio when you push this. With some setups you might have
to switch the tx/rx hardware manually.

TWORADIO

This assumes you have something like the WX0B box which switches rx audio when
the computer is sending. While the computer is sending CT changes color and
switches to the other radio so you can tune around on. In the sprint you
probably want to use this mode to find someone to call, or find a CQ frequency
on another band.

ALTERNATE

CT continuously CQ's, toggling between radios. If you get an answer and type in
a call, the sequence stops. At this time, this is probably not too good for the
sprint because you need to have frequencies on two radios clear when you start.
Also, the first CQ after making a contact is on the same radio you just got the
answer on. In the sprint you would want this to fire up on the other radio.

- Ken