Re: [ct-user] Multiple packet links in CT

To: "Mihail Mateescu" <yo3ctk@alltrom.ro>, <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] Multiple packet links in CT
From: Ed Parish K1EP <k1ep@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 06:55:41 -0500
At 2/18/04 04:25 AM, Mihail Mateescu wrote:
>Hello everybody,
>
>My name is Mike, YO3CTK. I am in the planning stage for a multi-multi site
>and I could certainly use some guidance from this list.
>
>Plan is to use a packet link to connect to a 2m packet node nearby and from
>there on to Dx-Cluster in order to have access to DX spots. I intend to use
>a second packet link on 70cm in order to connect to a second operating
>position in the vicinity, but out of reach for a serial or Ethernet
>connection. I have never tried such network.

Maybe I do not understand your setup.  If you are networking all of your CT
computers, then the packet spots that connected to one computer will appear on
all of them.  There is no need for a second packet feed.  If your computers are
not networked, then you need to have a packet feed to the separate computer to
get spots.  In that case, your logs will not be linked.  Maybe you mean
connecting the second operating position to the other network via 70cm instead
of a serial or ethernet?  In that case, it should work too.  It has nothing to
do with your packet spot connection.