[ct-user] Catagory F and catagory/section fill in

To: ct-user@contesting.com
Subject: [ct-user] Catagory F and catagory/section fill in
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 18:11:12 -1000
I used the latest CT DOS version downloaded from the web site, although I did not probably get all of the other support files, just used what CT SETUP.EXE generated. I had two laptops networked using plain serial data connection on COM1 of each laptop. One laptop was running a DOS window (the owner said it was the only way) and the other did not have Windows up at all, just running DOS. CT would not accept catagory F entries. And the catagory and section of stations we had already worked NEVER got automatically filled in. I was rushed to get everything (not just the logging system, but also antennas and radios) together. I suspect that had I done the file updating properly the F catagory would have worked. I wonder about the automatic catagory and section fill in though. I seems like that should have worked. It sure would have been nice.

DE N6KB