[ct-user] Paddle input on LPT port not working

To: ct-user@contesting.com
Subject: [ct-user] Paddle input on LPT port not working
From: Bob Raker <braker@kc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 17:22:59 -0400
I am making  LPT / CW interface cables for the W1QK VHF contest group.
Here's the problem - the paddle input does not work on his computers (P100,
DOS6.2)- the Function keys will generate CW, though.  The paddle input works
fine on my laptop (486, WIN95).  All computers are running  a 10+ version of
CT for DOS. I have pull-up resistors - OC voltage measures ~5V on both
computers.

Questions- are all LPT ports created equal?  Is this is HW or SW or OS
related?  Has anyone encountered this issue? Any suggestions on solving this
mystery?

TIA
Bob W0BR/1