[ct-user] COMTSR parameters for FT-1000MP?

To: CT-user@contesting.com
Subject: [ct-user] COMTSR parameters for FT-1000MP?
From: "John WA2GO" <xnewyorka@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 11:16:55 -0500
I'm trying to get CT (or CT-Win if CT fails) to work on my Windows 98 Laptop (IBM Thinkpad), and I need to know what are the COMTSR parameters I need for a Yaesu FT-1000MP?

I tried:

COMTSR1 -B4800

There was a time lag between the time I press Alt-F1 or Alt-F2 and the time the band changes, and after the first band change, I had to press the Alt-key twice each time to get the rig to change.
Also, the rig does not appear to be sending frequency data to the PC. The starting frequency is correctly displayed in the bandmap, but then it doesn't change when I turn the VFO.

I was running CT in a DOS Window when all of these symptoms occurred.

I then tried booting to DOS by using the Boot Manager and selecting "Command Prompt Only" (option 5). Doing it this way, I got no radio control at all from CT.

I am about to try CT-Win, which will be venturing into uncharted territory for me. But I wanted to post this right away so I could at least get an answer to the COMTSR settings question.

Thanks!

John
WA2GO