[ct-user] Hooking up ICOM 756proII

To: "CT User" <CT-USER@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Hooking up ICOM 756proII
From: "bonemd" <bonemd@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 00:50:45 -0600
Have long used CT in DOS and am now using the Windows Version 10. It seems to
work well under Windows SE. Just bought an ICOM 756proII. I also bought the
ICOM CT-17 and connected the wire from the ICOM to the CT17 and from the CT17
to an RS232 port.

First of all, where is the software for the computer to control the ICOM... I
did not get a CD etc. Should I not be able to control the rig through the
computer?

Second of all, how do I get CT to communicate with frequencies. On my old
Kenwood I would type in frequency in CT and it would change on the transceiver,
or change the transceiver and the log would change. I know I had to use that
COMTRS or whatever but that was before windows.

Anyone have experience with the ICOM 756proII??? How do I get CT windows up and
running with it?

Pleas help.

Doc W9NY/V47NS

Michael R. Treister, M.D., F.A.A.O.S., F.A.C.S., F.I.C.S.
Orthopaedic and Hand Surgeon
bonemd@ameritech.net
OFFICE PHONE:   312-633-5866
OFFICE FAX:   312-633-5867