Re: [ct-user] Nuked Bin File

To: "Alan C. Zack" <k7acz@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] Nuked Bin File
From: Ken Wolff <ken@k1ea.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 16:14:06 -0500
Alan C. Zack wrote:

You should have a .bin file on both the HD in the CT folder and also on the floppy you inserted at the start of the contest. The .bin file on the HD might have gotten messed up but the one on the floppy should still be good and can be used to replace the bad .bin on the HD. You will have to start you date corrections all over again but at least you will have the files.
GL

Rob Kaufmann wrote:

I need some help guys.
By some crazy coincidence I had a power failure while I was in Post-Contest
mode - right after working SS phone. I was changing the date of the
contacts for SS ( My old contest PC had a slow clock - which I found out
half way through the contest - wrong date !) Anyway, the .bin file got
corrupted and is now unreadable. Toast.

I DO have a good "SS.all" file ( and hard copy) that has all the contacts
OK. Is there way of resurrecting this log OR conversion of the **.all file
to Cabrillo format directly? I just want to send it in electronically to
ARRL. I'm not looking forward to retyping the 1200 plus Qs. Got beat in LP
by KP2A so no plaque for me :-( .

Any help appreciated.

Rob VE4GV
rkaufman@shaw.ca

Send me the bin file. I may be able to fix it with a binary editor.

73, Ken