Re: [ct-user] An easier way to create a bootable CD _ Roxio EasyCDCreato

To: <ct-User@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] An easier way to create a bootable CD _ Roxio EasyCDCreator
From: "Patrick 9A5AEI" <patrick@rkp.ice.hr>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 21:16:37 +0100
Hello, i have tried to run  CT DOS from my USB 2.0 64Mb stick and it works
ok, but i think is a little bit slow (without smartdrive).
I have done this: started win 98 machine, dos prompt, sys F: (my usb stick)
after that copy there autoexec.bat, config.sys,
himem.sys and emm386.exe and CT dos 10version.
Pc Machine is a new P4 2.4GHz (ASUS mainboard Intel chipset), in bios
enabled booting from USB devices! That's all, very easy and you dont need
any boot CD or floppy...
What about old P3/P2 machines who cant boot from USB stick? I tried also
this, i have dowloaded from some internet site USB dos drivers, copied them
to floopy and one of my sticks (16Mb old one from Compaq) worked ok with
that drivers the new one with USB 2.0 didnt want to work with that drivers!.
I have never tried this in contests!
73 Patrick 9A5AEI