Re: [ct-user] Running DOS on New Computers - Solved!

To: "Carl - WC4H" <wc4h@itis.net>, ct-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [ct-user] Running DOS on New Computers - Solved!
From: "K0HB " <k-zero-hb@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 20:46:20 -00

> I just can't resist asking: Why?

For contesting (SO exclusively -- no networking) I run a legacy P-II
machine with 4 "real" RS-232 ports and CT DOS.  It's absolutely bulletproof
for my CT contesting needs, no muss/no fuss.

For all my other shack/office needs I have a super-duper 3GHz Win XP
machine.

Between the two is a simple 10MHz ethernet connection if I need to share
some files (the old machine can also be brought up on WIN98), and a 2x1
Belkin kbd/rodent/monitor-sharing switch.

This arrangement gives me the best of both worlds.

That's why!

73, de Hans, K0HB
--
  http://www.home.earthlink.net/~k0hb