Re: [ct-user] Fwd: [vushf] Digest Number 323

To: CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] Fwd: [vushf] Digest Number 323
From: Alan Zack <k7acz@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:37:17 -0700
One thing I find confusing is SWL calls used in Germany.  I recently got a QSL
card request from a DE1AKZ and searched and searched my log for that call.  A
closer look at the card identified it as a SWL rather than a Ham Radio call but
it sure looked like a Ham QSL card.

>>There is 1 message in this issue.
>>
>>Topics in this digest:
>>
>>      1. New Prefixes, 2x1-calls and DP in Germany
>>           From: Stefan Pfeiffer <stefan@nrcocos.de>

>>Message: 1
>>   Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:57:59 +0200
>>   From: Stefan Pfeiffer <stefan@nrcocos.de>
>>Subject: New Prefixes, 2x1-calls and DP in Germany
>>
>>Hello!
>>
>>I just want to inform you that it might be wise to check the DXCC-
>>and/or callsign-definitions of your favorite VHF contest logging
>>software before September IARU contest.
>>
>>Germany has started to assign DQ and DR-prefixes. Beside that, club
>>stations can now apply for 2x1-Calls like DK2A. All Numbers 0-9 mean
>>"club station" there, there are no 2x1 calls for individuals.
>>
>>One more important change: While all DP-prefixes were extraterritorial
>>area before (like DP0GVN, DP0POL in antarctica, DP0EPO munich european
>>patent office), now _only_ DP0-DP2 are extraterritorial.
>>
>>2x1-Callsigns DP3A-DP9Z are "regular short calls" for Club stations.
>>
>>Please note there are still no DI-hamradio-callsigns in DL.
>>
>>Vy 73 es 55 de Stefan, DL1ELY

Alan Zack
Amateur Radio Station K7ACZ
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Quality Engineer, The Boeing Company, Retired
SEMPER PARATUS
http://www.gocoastguard.com
DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY