[ct-user] CTWin 10.03.002 and Yaesu FT-900

Subject: [ct-user] CTWin 10.03.002 and Yaesu FT-900
From: "Marcus Busch [DL1EKC]" <DL1EKC@Genion.de>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 20:27:17 +0100
Hi everybody,

just trying to get CTWin 10.03.002 running with the FT-900 of our club for the
next CQWW:

FT-900 recognizes all commands from CT. I can set the QRG via CT all fine. But
CT
doesn't recognize the responses of the FT-900. So I get a "Radio timeout".

I started investigating my cabling, all OK. So I hooked up my scope with these
results:

FT-900 does answer the polling of CT, BUT:

After I manually decoded the bits on the scope I conclude, CTWin is sending
every
command to my FT-900 twice ! A valid command to a FT-900, FT-990, FT-1000 and
so
on is always exactly five bytes long. CT does send 10 bytes.

The FT-900 starts answering after the first five bytes (one complete CAT
command)
have been sent. But CT continues to send the command a second time. I guess
because of this CT is missing the first response byte of the FT-900.

Ken, could You surf the code and check, whether You can confirm this
observation?

Thanks so much.

VY 73 de Marcus, DL1EKC