Re: [ct-user] W9XT card

To: jcclark@wildblue.net
Subject: Re: [ct-user] W9XT card
From: k2onp@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 11:33:10 -0500
 Hi Craig,
That's precisely what I do.  I routinely run CT 9.58, which works very well for
ICOM radio control and for the W9XT card, and then rescore it in v. 9.92.

The W9XT card is a really nice piece of equipment, and it would be nice if it
could be made to work with V.10 DOS.  I had hoped that my post might stimulate
some movement in that direction.

I fully agree with you about Windows logging programs, and I much prefer DOS
for ease of use and reliability.  BTW, the FreeDos group has come out with
their Version 1 (not beta) which can be loaded via a CD on ANY 32 bit pentium
machine. CT DOS runs very well using this OS.  I have several pentium machines
at home which won't load MS-DOS from floppies, and this may prove to be a
better solution for you than running CT using Windows.

I have tried NA, but I find it "clunky" when compared with CT.

Thanks for your input, and have a very wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.

73's,
Geo K2ONP