Re: [ct-user] LAPTOP SCREEN

To: "CT Reflector" <ct-user@contesting.com>, k4pi@bellsouth.net
Subject: Re: [ct-user] LAPTOP SCREEN
From: "Robert A. Wilson" <n6tv@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 10:47:21 -0800
On 2/9/07, k4pi <k4pi@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> I have a different laptop I was trying to set up for CTWIN, a older IBM
> Thinkpad circa 1999.  Everything comes up okay but the bottom half of the
> screen is black.  Even using ALT ENTER it uses the whole screen but the
> bottom half is black.  All the info is squeezed into the top half.  Anyone
> had this problem? 73 Mike K4PI

Mike,

You should be able to correct this LCD display problem using the IBM
ThinkPad Configuration Utility for DOS.  On most Windows systems, you'll
find it here:

  C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\Utilities\ps2.EXE

If you don't have it, you can download it from
http://www-3.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-4ZFPEG.html

>From a command line window, enter

   PS2 HVEXP ON

to put the built-in LCD into VGA mode.  You should only have to do this
once.  Use

   CTWin filename -VGA

to put CT into 50-line VGA mode.

For a list of other things you can set with the Configuration Utility,
enter.

  PS2 ?

On my ThinkPad,

  PS2 ? HVEXP

returns:

  Command Syntax : PS2  HVEXPansion  ON|OFf
  Current State  : ON
  Description    : Select 'ON' to display 640 by 480 resolution screen on
the SVGA LCD.

73,
Bob, N6TV