Re: [ct-user] CW USE WITH TS-2000

To: W2RU - Bud Hippisley <W2RU@frontiernet.net>,charlie carroll <k1xx@cfl.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] CW USE WITH TS-2000
From: Ed K1EP <k1ep.list@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 12:10:06 -0400
I don't think you can count on the computer having the state of the LPT or
serial port known when the computer boots up.  I have always been in the habit
of turning off QSK in my radio when I am not around or using the program or
when rebooting the computer.  If the radio is constantly being keyed, then you
have to determine whether it is the plug (plug it in to another radio), the
radio (connect a bare plug and see if you can key the radio with a jumper), the
computer (disconnect the lpt port plug), or the program (use another program to
key the radio).  I have not used a TS2000 myself, but would have to believe
that there is nothing unique about the way to key it from a 930.  Like I said,
this radio is an older radio and therefore doesn't require special high voltage
isolation which if not employed with probably short the transistor and cause it
to key constantly.