[ct-user] Using CT in DOS

To: ct-user@contesting.com
Subject: [ct-user] Using CT in DOS
From: dave <wpaper@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 09:15:57 -0600
I have been using CT  for DOS since  v 8.0 came out.

As one who is semi illiterate, computer wise (I still think in terms of
highs and lows - not Guis on the screen) and having tried other
contesting programs I always return to CT in the DOS version.

As an old "hex head", the couple of times that glitches have ruined the
BIN file header during the latter part of a contest (always happens when
most of the effort has taken place <g>) using the old version of Norton
Commander I have been able to go in to the BIN file, re write the
corrupted HEX header and recover the information.

There is probably a way to do this from Windows, but I am not smart
enough, not do I have sufficient interest in computer software to
acquire the knowledge  to accomplish the same tasks.

I do have more up to date computers and software but, for contesting I
will stay  with CT - DOS until I run out of parts to keep my 486 and P I
machines going.

Not a very progressive attitude, I guess, but my interests in technology
lie elsewhere, like antenna design and station operation.

Dave, W5WP