[ct-user] CT on VISTA

To: "CT USER GROUP" <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT on VISTA
From: "Alan Zack" <k7acz@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 12:13:53 -0700
Just wondering if anyone has been successful in getting CTWin to work with
VISTA.
When I try to run any version of CTWin on VISTA CT crashes right away.  I tried
using the DOS version 9.89.003 which during my pre contest test logs appeared
to work OK.  But during the actual CQWWDX SSB contest I discovered that the CT
clock lost time as compared with the PC time.  This is well documented in the
archives (but no fixes) when the DOS version is used with a windows platform.
I had to keep correcting the CT time every 10-15 minutes to log my contacts at
the proper time.  I'd rather not do that in the upcoming CQWWDX CW.