Re: [ct-user] Interesting Bandmap issue with CTDOS and an old Mini Lapto

To: "Mark Bailey" <kd4d@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] Interesting Bandmap issue with CTDOS and an old Mini Laptop
From: "Dennis Vernacchia" <n6ki73@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 23:58:34 -0800
Mark,

Resolved why my CTDOS WIN98SE dedicated laptop wouldn't boot right into DOS
upon turn on !

Nope, there was no "WIN" command in  autoexec.bat - the problem was that I
had two msdos.sys files on my
WIN 98 computer - 1 was in root directory and other was in C:\Windows and I
had changed the one
in the Windows directory  - so changed that back to GUI=1 and changed the
msdos.sys file in C:\ and
now WIN98SE OS laptop computer boots fine right into DOS upon turn on !

John, K6AM figured it out ! Who wudda thunk ? - two of same files in two
different directories !

73, Dennis N6KI
Sandy Eggo