[ct-user] Setting up CT WIN on WIN XP

To: "CT" <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Setting up CT WIN on WIN XP
From: "Bob Shohet, KQ2M" <kq2m@kq2m.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 14:38:35 -0500
Hi,

I have used CT DOS (CT 9.65) and WIN 98 computers for years but now
I am going to set up two “test” WIN XP computers  to get familiar
with CT WIN and other programs.

To start, I would like to use two WIN XP computers which both
have 2 (COM) serial ports and 1 (LPT) parallel port.

I would like to be able to key the FT1000MP with the computer
and have the two computers networked to each other.  I assume that
the keyer interface with the LPT port that worked with CT Dos should
also work with CT WIN?

I have read over all the information on CT 10 (which I assume is
CT WIN?) but I am not clear on how to do the setup on the computers
and what commands to put in the files and where to put them.

Is someone willing to help me with this off reflector?
Thanks in advance!

73

Bob Shohet, KQ2M