POWER LEVEL AND KEYING WEIGHT

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: POWER LEVEL AND KEYING WEIGHT
From: lschim@mailstorm.dot.gov (Larry Schimelpfenig)
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 1995 06:24:05 -0400 (EDT)
I have a couple of suggestions that would improve NA from my perspective.

1. Depending on the sponsor, the allowable power level for low power
contest entries varies between 100 and 150 watts. Several times I found
myself to have been placed in the high power category because I didn't
change the standard 150W entry on a summary sheet even though I was running
100W. I now obviously know better, and it's not a problem to change it on the
summary sheet as I add comments etc. I guess it just seems that the
summary sheet should indicate the correct power level for low power entries.

2. With the normal key weighting in NA, I find that all characters are a
bit short while using qsk with my trusty IC735. I think I saw where CT has
added the ability to change the keyer weighting. How about adding that to
NA? Barring that, has anyone figured out some method to use the cw
interface to vary keying weight?

73 de Larry K7SV in VA - lschim@mailstorm.dot.gov

--
Submissions:              na-user@eng.pko.dec.com