LPT-1 KEYING CKT

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: LPT-1 KEYING CKT
From: perring@infocom.net (perring@infocom.net)
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 18:15:15 -0500
I wired my LPT keying pinouts per the version 10 manual
with the 10K resistors wired to a diff pin (14)
than the pin (17) showed in version 9 manual.

I get random action keying without paddle closure.
The paddles will make dits and dahs,
but I am getting erratic keying closures without even using the paddles.

Appears as though there needs to be more resistance in the ckt somewhere.
Where?
What have others done to eliminate the problem?
N5RP
       /////\\
       ( # # )
Bob & Mary Beth Perring