[na-user] NA 10.04 report

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] NA 10.04 report
From: kf3p@cais.cais.com (Tyler Stewart)
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 1996 17:20:10 -0400
Well, I must say Dave's been quite busy with improvements to NA...

I used NA for NAQP phone this weekend:  2 computers Networked, with radio
interfaces, and DVP's.  It ran ALMOST flawlessly.

I had 2 problems, which may be particular to my setup or Windows 95.

The computer that runs NA as a dedicated DOS app. in Windows 95 had the DVP
dump the program shortly after takeoff.  It came back in without DVP and worked
fine, except...

I believe on both machines I had occasional problems when editing calls
in the callsign field, where instead of adding letters where the cursor was,
it added them at the end.

I also ran this setup in NAQP CW with CW cables as well and it worked
flawlessly.

The sort routine on check partials is still a little slow, but much improved
and doesnt tie you up when it gets behind.

Dave:  I lost your email address or I'd send you a copy of this.

Suggestion for future revision:  Automatic timesync every few minutes or so.

73, Tyler

--
Submissions:              na-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org
Administrative requests:  na-user-REQUEST@ve7tcp.ampr.org