[na-user] Omni-6 Stuff to N5UL

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] Omni-6 Stuff to N5UL
From: dap14@chrysler.com (dap14@chrysler.com)
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 13:33:41 -0500
     Charles,

     By you probably saw the reflector e-mail from N0IJ that is an
     excellent discussion of getting the Omni-6 running correctly with NA.
     I highly recommend reading his note - however to answer your comments:

     1) KM9P's problem with the Omni-6 had nothing to do with RF.  The VFO
     would jump to oddball frequencies, or change - things that either
     indicate a software problem or digital intermittants.  Bill has not
     been the only one with these problems, judging by stuff I've seen both
     on this, and the CQ-Contest reflectors.

     2) In your cable, I would remove the connection between DB9F-4 and
     DB9M-6 that you mention.  I don't have the stuff from Warren in front
     of me, but I *THINK* this is one of the pins that Ten-Tec usurped for
     non-RS232 stuff.

     3) Hooking the RTS/CTS together at the computer will not change
     anything in NA.  In NA10, the code that controls the serial ports was
     written by myself, so I *KNOW* how it works.  When a radio is
     connected to a port, we force the unused port outputs to particular
     states so people can use RS-232 interfaces that obtain their DC power
     from these pins (I have a W1GEE interface for my FT-1000D that works
     this way).

     While I have everyone's attention, some notes to all NA users:

     - Please put your e-mail address at the end of any message to the
     reflector.  In N5UL's case, I had to answer his message via the entire
     reflector because he omitted his e-mail address.

     Here are some e-mail addresses for K8CC:

        work: dap14@chrysler.com
        home: k8cc@ix.netcom.com

     Please don't contact me concerning sales, replacement disks, or the NA
     BBS - contact K3LR.  However, I am glad to answer technical questions
     (within reason) and I welcome your comments and ideas how to improve
     NA.  Generally, I am pretty good about answering all e-mail received.

     73, Dave/K8CC

--
Submissions:              na-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org
Administrative requests:  na-user-REQUEST@ve7tcp.ampr.org