NEW NA RELEASE 10.14 NOW AVAILABLE
A new version of the NA contest logging program is now available
on the LTA BBS. This new version corrects a several minor bugs
and adds several new features since the last release (version
10.13). It also makes an important change in the naming of
Contest Rule Template files (see note at the end).
- In contests with grid square multipliers, the program would
crash printing the QSOS PER MULTIPLIER portion of the
- CONFIG would not select FT890 correctly. Fixed with new
CONFIG version 1.04. NA 10.14 also fixes support for FT-890
- RUN/MULT or XMTR1/XMTR2 flag was not getting set correctly
in the .QDF file. This bug affected NA 10.13 only (error in
making changes for W1BB contest).
- Corrected problem in the Alternate Dupe window where the
cursor would wind up in the wrong spot if window was acti-
vated from other than the callsign field.
- Stations could not be manually entered into the Band Map
unless packet was enabled.
- Duplicate entries of the same call on the same frequency
are now removed from the ANNOUNCEMENT and BAND MAP windows.
- Improved operation of radio tuning keys ([,]) with Yaesu
- Removed the ENABLE PADDLES option from the KEYER CONTROL
PANEL (no longer necessary with CONFIG.EXE, yet required an
additional step to get the CW paddle operational).
- When doing OpOn with a DVP, the old messages were not always
erased, the effect being that when going from an operator
with long messages to an operator with short messages, the
short message would run into the older long message which
would then play out.
- Fixed crash in NAU when trying to DELETE QSO FROM FILE. New
NAU version is 1.24.
- Contest Rules Template files (*.TMP extention) now have the
extention ".CRT". (See note below)
- Added the CFM SENT CALLSIGN option to the KEYER CONTROL
PANEL. With this option enabled and you log the call with
the LOG/QRZ keys, if the call you log is different from the
call you sent, the final call is automatically sent with the
- CW messages can now contain the "%" character which repre-
sents YOUR CALL which will be automatically inserted when the
message is sent.
- CW messages can now contain multiple occurrances of "@" (his
call), "$" (RST), "#" (QSO number), or the new "%" (your
- Added IC-738 radio selection to NA and CONFIG 1.04.
- In contests with RUN/MULT or XMTR1/XMTR2 status, QSOs in the
log made from the MULT or XMTR2 radios are now marked with
the band in reverse color.
* * * * * * * * * * * * VERY IMPORTANT * * * * * * * * * * * * *
We recently received a note from Paul, N4XM who brought to our
attention that certain software packages designed to clear out
space on the computer's hard disk will automatically delete any
file it finds that has a ".TMP" extention. Unfortunately, the
contest rules template files that NA uses fall into this category.
Therefore, effective with this release will now use ".CRT" as the
extention for [c]ontest [r]ules [t]emplate files. This change
also impacts the Template Editor program which must change too.
For reference, here are the latest version numbers of all the
NA programs ("*" indicates new versions for various reasons that
are included in this release):
NA 10.14 *
NAU 1.24 *
CONFIG 1.04 *
TE 1.06 *
There is no change to the format of the template files, so the
user may simply rename the files if desired. The following DOS
command, executed from the directory containing the template
files, will accomplish the task:
REN *.tmp *.crt
On the other hand, .TMP files are required for older versions of
NA to work, so copying the .tmp files to .crt will allow both
and new versions of NA to work. The following DOS command,
executed from the directory containing the template files, will
accomplish the task:
COPY *.tmp *.crt
The 10.14 zipped file which may be downloaded from the LTA BBS
will include the full set of .crt files. Also, for the next few
versions if NA cannot find the .crt files, there will be a
prompt to remind the user to rename or copy the .tmp files to
73, Dave/K8CC and LTA
Administrative requests: na-user-REQUEST@ve7tcp.ampr.org