[na-user] K8CC E-mail Trouble

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] K8CC E-mail Trouble
From: David A. Pruett" <k8cc@ix.netcom.com (David A. Pruett)
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 23:00:39 -0400
If any NA users have been trying to get in touch with me via e-mail with no
response, there is a reason.  Right now my Netcom e-mail account has
something awry.  When I go to retrieve my e-mails (at current count 53) MS
Explorer starts downloading and aborts in the middle of the first message.
This is on my home desktop running under Win NT 4.0.  If I try the same
thing using Explorer on my Win95 laptop, the first message produces an
error message saying "Program has tried to execute an illegal operation and
will be aborted" and Explorer aborts.

Anybody have an idea what this is?  Perhaps an e-mail containing a virus?

I have contacted Netcom for help.  Also, Tom/WB8VMN is forwarding e-mails
with technical questions to my Chrysler e-mail site so that I can answer
ASAP (expect Friday, 6/26).

We apologize for all of this.  It comes at a bad time with FD just around
the corner.

Look for me as K8MAD, 2A OH.  Good luck this weekend.

73,

Dave/K8CC

Home phone: (734) 481-0755
Home email: k8cc@ix.netcom.com