[na-user] K8CC - IARU Multi-Operator Score

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] K8CC - IARU Multi-Operator Score
From: David A. Pruett" <k8cc@ix.netcom.com (David A. Pruett)
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 23:35:39 -0400
                              IARU HF CHAMPIONSHIP

Call used: K8CC                                           Location: 08

Category: Multi-Single Xmtr          Mode: Mixed           Power: 1500

Callsign of Operator: K8CC

If multi-operator, show calls of all operators and loggers:

K8CC, K8LR, N8NX, W8MJ

         CW      CW     SSB     SSB    band
band   QSOs     pts    QSOs     pts   mults
160      18      32       6      12      9
 80      38      80      42     104     19
 40     222     682      53     177     43
 20     378    1482     236     934     64
 15     303    1281     447    1851     67
 10      31      83      31     117     16
TOTAL   990    3640     815    3195    218       SCORE: 1,490,030

Rig: 2 x FT-1000D, 486DX100, W9XT Contest Card

160 - PT2500A, 120' Shunt Fed Tower
 80 - 2K3, Wire four-square
 40 - 4-1000A, 3L yagi, dipoles
 20 - 4-1000A, 5L/5L yagis, 4L yagi
 15 - 3-1000Z, 5L/5L yagis, 4L yagi
 10 - PT-2500A, 5L/5L yagis, 4L yagi

We had never done an IARU multi-op at K8CC before.  All my IARU experience
was CW-only back in the late eighties.  Sure is a different contest when
you're mixed mode.

Band condx seemed pretty good on 20/15.  10 was a disappointment, seemed
like the southern latitudes were hearing stuff we could not hear.  The low
bands were noisy with summertime QRN and did not seem very productive.

We did a pretty good job of running rate when it was there and avoiding
chasing mults because of the ten minute rule.  We missed some mults here
and there, but overall you won't get any complaints from us.  Like K8AZ
said, ten minutes is not so bad when you can jump modes.

In the end the ops had a terrific time.  It was somewhat eye-opening to
me how much fun this contest is multi-op with its 24 hours period and
0800 local starting time in W8.  This contest is definitely on the
schedule for next year from K8CC.