[na-user] Setting up CVB

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] Setting up CVB
From: Ron Wetjen <wd4ahz@gte.net> (Ron Wetjen)
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 16:00:47 +0000
Let me start out by making the statement ... I'm not a computer expert.
What is probably obvious to some, is not to me.

Now to my question(s).

I've been working on setting up CVB to use with NA.  When I try to start
CVB directly from DOS (before starting Windows) I get a "card not found"
message.  When I shut down to DOS after starting Windows, it finds the card
OK.  (I get the same thing when trying to use PED ... before starting
Windows, no card found ... after going to DOS from Windows, card is found
and PED works correctly, so the card is configured correctly ... I think!)
When I start CVB, I get the "Loading configuration file CVB.CFG" but it
also locks up the computer and doesn't go any further.

So, 2 questions ... 1) How can I get DOS to recognize the card without
having to go through Windows setup first (not critical, but I find it
easier and quicker to go into DOS before starting Windows), and 2) What do
I need to do to keep CVB from locking up my computer?

Please reply directly to me, so we don't tie up the reflector.

Thanks, Ron

--
WD4AHZ Homepage - http://home1.gte.net/wd4ahz/index.htm
Sarasota Emergency Radio Club - http://home1.gte.net/wd4ahz/serc.htm