[na-user] ver 10.33

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] ver 10.33
From: jtolbert" <jtolbert@gremlan.org (jtolbert)
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 20:57:19 -0500
> Addressing the issues raised by WW3S:
>
> >I couldn't quite get the autodupe to work. If I read everything
> >right when I pressed insert to send the exchange if the station
> >was a dupe it should have sent the f6 message. I had auotdupe
> >enabled and a message in f6.
>
> Nobody has reported any AutoDupe problems recently, so I think the
> problem here is most likely due to the "QTH Must Match For Dupe"
> is turned on (necessary to log the mobiles in PAQP).  The reason
> this is an issue is that unless the qth field (in this case, county
> or state) is filled in, NA cannot determine for certain that a
> QSO is a dupe.  When running stations with AutoDupe on, you have not
> yet received the qth information so AutoDupe defaults to "send the
> exchange".  This is how the program was designed to operate - if
> anyone has a better idea how to deal with this dilemma I'm open to
> suggestions.

Yep...absolutely right...with Qth must match turned off autodupe works
great !!

> >The biggest problem was with my W9XT card. I used to program the
> >memories using the dvrc program supplied with the card. However
> >with ver 10 I must record them from within NA and then if I switch
> >modes and come back to ssb I must record them again.
>
> This was a real subtle (at least to the code) problem that I thought
> was fixed.  By this, I mean that it tested it in my shack and found
> that changing modes erased the messages, the changed the code and it
> didn't.  I will try to verify this again, but are you sure that you
> were running 10.33 and not some earlier version?

Nope...confirmed ver 10.33 and duplicated trouble using 10m contest , 160m
and cqww ssb

> >Also the voicekeyer wont key unless you change bands first. When
> >the program first comes up you need to change bands before the W9XT
> >card will key.
>
> We have three W9XT cards at K8CC and have never seen this problem.
> Are you using two-radio control?  This will disrupt W9XT operation
> if its set to the same port (there is no reason to do this).  Do you
> have any band/antenna switching enabled?  If this is toggling bits
> on the same port as the W9XT card this will also disrupt the W9XT
> card.

No nothing else enables but this may be related to the above trouble

A few other things I noticed while trying to confirm the above.
When in the KEYER control for the PAQSO party the cursor isn't there
to indicate what option you are on but in the 10M Contest the cursor is
there

I am not sure how NA works but with CT unless you choose Single op Assisted
the packet receive
window wont open...with NA ver 10.33 the packet window can be opened.

CT used to allow the "/" character to be used as "qsx" when spotting
stations operating split
I understand that is "broken" in 9.37...does NA offer this??