[na-user] NA 160M Contest Fix, ARRL10.MLT

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] NA 160M Contest Fix, ARRL10.MLT
From: David A. Pruett" <k8cc@ix.netcom.com (David A. Pruett)
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 19:05:04 -0500
Jeez, its frustrating to be an SWL (i.e., able to rx but not tx).  Chrysler
has changed its domain name from chrysler.com to daimlerchrysler.com as the
result of our merger.  The consequence is that the reflector won't take my
e-mails now, although I can receive stuff sent to the old address (at least
for the next six months).  So as I was in and out of my office all day I'd
see the notes from frustrated NA users and could not respond.

However, there is good news.  It turns out that the problem is in the code
that generates the "QSOs By Continent" breakdown.  If you turn that
breakdown off, all the other files are generated with no problem.  To do
this, get into NA and type BREAKDOWN.  Move down to the QSOs By Continent
breakdown check box and press the spacebar to toggle it off and press
Ctrl-Enter.  Press Alt-X to exit and "W" should write the logs to the hard
disk.

I will have this fixed in short order, along with the 10M contest stuff.

BTW, N4BP is correct about the missing colon after the word MASSACHUSETS in
the ARRL10.MLT file.  However, it does not appear to cause any problems -
MA shows up on the multiplier list and appears to score correctly.  We will
correct the file, but there does not appear to be any need for anyone to
rush out and download a new file.

73,

Dave Pruett, K8CC
DATOM Engineering