[na-user] SO2R Keystrokes

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] SO2R Keystrokes
From: k8cc" <k8cc@mediaone.net (k8cc)
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 17:28:31 -0500
Bill,

>I disagree with Dave.  Semi-colon has a function and should not be
>confused with ALT-D.  Semi-colon is for those times when the timing is
>perfect to drop your call out on the 2nd radio but you dont have time to
>do ALT-D.  You know it's not a dupe.

Dave is not proposing getting rid of alt-D.  He's proposing doing away with
the "smart" F4; that is, if someone is waiting, go to the alternate radio
otherwise go to the main radio.  F4 would always dump your call on the main
radio.  Semicolon (remapped if necessary) would simply be the only method to
switch to the second radio and dump your call.  Operationally, I don't think
there is any difference.  You would alt-D as normal, then press semicolon
instead of F4 to dump your call and switch radios.

73,

Dave