[na-user] Throw away the TNC ?

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] Throw away the TNC ?
From: Dan Kovatch <W8CAR@lrbcg.com> (Dan Kovatch)
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 10:20:29 -0500
I don't think it makes a whole lot of difference WHERE you get your
spots. SOMEONE, somewhere has to listen to the station to post it.
Whether you get that info by internet or via 2 meters is not really part
of the contest. If your 'assisted' then you use what you have.
Currently , here in NW Ohio the K8MR cluster is down. My only access to
spots is via telnet. So, If I want to operate 'assisted' I have to use
the internet. (I don't -but if I did). Most clusters are linked via
backbones and many use telnet aps to hold it together during high volume
times so really this makes it easier for Joe in nowhere, Iowa (sorry
Iowa) to operate assisted.

FWIW
Dan W8CAR
unclustered in Ohio