[na-user] Na and DXTelnet

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] Na and DXTelnet
From: Courtney Judd <k4jyo@frontiernet.net> (Courtney Judd)
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 11:28:47 -0600
for you guys that don't have a good rf link to a packet cluster, this is
the only way to go. I found a program called DXTelnet
(http://www.qsl.net/wd4ngb/telnet.htm) and got it up and running with Na
for the 10 meter contest this past weekend. I use a 233 mhz computer
with com port 1 hooked to FT1000D, com port 2 with a dummy connection,
and com port 3 as the modem. ran Na in a DOS window with 2 tsrs: dvptsr
and dxt2log, only had 3 glitches during the whole weekend and those were
the fault of my server who disconnected the phone link while we were on
line... took only minutes to get it back up and linked again to K4UGA
cluster.. we made 2323 qso's and 259 mult's and were really pleased with
the way these two programs worked.. thanks to everybody who worked us in
the contest.. 73's Cort K4WI
k4jyo@frontiernet.net