[na-user] NA observations

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] NA observations
From: Setzler James M JR NPRI <SetzlerJM@Npt.NUWC.Navy.Mil> (Setzler James M JR NPRI)
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 09:32:59 -0500
I definitely agree with Doug.  Even though I'm not adept at it, I've found
that SO2R with NA is much slicker than with CT;  especially with the K8CC 2
Radio Switch Box.

I'll also echo Doug's comments on the use of a wild card with check partial.
It would be very beneficial to be able to insert a wildcard (? or *) and
have super check partial go to work. It's especially needed when the missing
character in in the middle of the call.  Also, when spacebar-ing back to the
call sign field, have the cursor return to the missing character and be able
to insert rather than needing to backspace/delete.

Unless something has changed in v10.44 (I used v10.43 during ARRL 10 meter),
I seem to remember getting a flashing red notice across the bottom of the
screen whenever I worked a new mult.  Of course, I nearly always had the
"check mult" window active, so I didn't notice if I didn't get it if the
window was closed.

I was a SSB only entrant and my *.brk file was also not generated correctly.
It showed breakdown by PH and FSK (??).  No big deal as the totals seem to
be OK.

I've been using NA v10.42 or v10.43 exclusively this season and have not had
a crash or other significant problem.  CQWWPH: 1500+ QSOs, SSPH: 1100 Qs &
10meterPH: 1300+, all low power.

Using a 586/133 machine with WIN98 installed but booting to "previous
version of DOS" v6.22.  Also have SMARTDRV and RAMDRIVE called at boot-up.

73 James / k1sd / Rhode Island / k1sd@arrl.net