[na-user] NA Practice Mode audio question

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] NA Practice Mode audio question
From: James Headrick <headrick@radar.nrl.navy.mil> (James Headrick)
Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 13:42:01 +0100
After looking at the number of my errors made in the last SS, some practice
seemed in order.  I tried to use the NA Practice mode but have a problem.

The trouble is that I cant get the audio to come out of the SoundBlaster in
the PC.  Real weak sound does come from the little speaker on the modem;
and the program is working; but this sound is not loud enough to be useful.
In ordinary use with a CD or email the sound works OK, and I downloaded ped
and the sound functioned OK with it. The NA book says "be sure to select a
CW keying port", and I dont know just what I am supposed to do.  The PC is
a Pentium II with Windows 98 OS.  As you might guess, my PC skills are
limited.  73   Jim    w3cp